Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm finally free to blog! been quite busy doing my Nabisco report, trying to study and doing all the stupid applications.. i was so sian last week with all the work that I didn't feel like going for GB so on last fri night...

(email)
me: Hi my dear officers, I've to rush my report and so can't come for GB tmr, so sorry, cya all next wk!

Later at night...

(sms)
CAptain faith:Hi gal, can you come tmr?

me: sorry, i got to rush a report and also visit my aunt who is in hospital

faith: but we really need u, coz nobody can teach them drills, i promise you that it will only be a short while k? PLEASE

me: ok loh -_-

And so on sat morning i've to drag my feet towards church, hoping that time will pass v fast, anw i only promised them that i'll be there for 1 hr haha

so when i opened the door to the rm.........

ITs ACTUALLY A SURPRISE PARTY FOR ME!!!

i was really quite surprised and was really touched! Of coz there was the cake, whereby they forced me to take out the candles using my mouth. -_- But i still have to go early coz i really have to visit my aunt (it's true k !), its certainly a memorable 21st bday!

Anw i've done my ubs numeric test yest and it was like SHIT. i was so upset with myself coz i knew i did a bad job. some i didn't even understand the qns, and some my ans i cant even find in 1 of the 5 options! i was really very depressed coz i really love the position that i've applied for ubs. And barclays, Credit Suisse have already rejected me! *sob*

I'm so sad that I start to wallow in self-pity and complaining to dy that how come my life is out of season, with so many sad things happening around? And i really complain for damn long! I can already feel the stress building up coz exams are near, and my job search is not going smoothly, wtf.

After which when i got back to my rm, I'm still v sad and can feel the lump in my heart, I decided to do some quiet time, and I can say that the day's msg really spoke to me.

its taken from Luke 10: 38-42 (see I can rmb the verse haha), the story about martha and mary if anybody can rmb. Jesus was visiting the 2 sisters' house and martha was preparing all the food, cleaning the house blah. But mary was just sittting at the Lord's feet and listening to him. Martha began v angry n told Jesus," Jesus, can u pls tell mary to help me in the work, she's not doing anything!" But jesus ans," MArtha, you're anxious and troubled about many things, but 1 thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her."

And i can sense god saying, "Liyi, you're always worried and upset about many things, all you need to do is be still and listen to God. "

Perhaps some of us are too busy with responsibilities in church and in sch and constantly complaining, wallowing in self-pity. BUT God will help you get the work done, what he really wants is a follower who makes time for Him. And also, exercise your gift well!

k that's all for the day, hope that those who are reading can learn something as well. I will learn to put my trust in the Lord, but if UBS really rejects me, I WILL STILL COMPLAIN haha.

y10:21 AMy

Girl ♥
If you give up when it's winter,
you'll miss the promise of your spring,
beauty of your summer,
fulfilment of your fall.

Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.

Current status

Favoured daughter of God
No-life employee

Her desires

Successful career woman
Godiva chocolates
Jap food buffet
Hanging out with my girlies
Toned body with abs
Gorgeous shoes and clothes, I'm a sucker for shoes.

History

June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Gossip

About

Designer -Glazeo
Images - 1 / 2 / 3
Brushes - Aethereality