Wednesday, January 03, 2007

MATERIALISM

I consider it the most deadly sin, coz many of us have fallen for it. Indeed murder, theft blah are the greater sins but we have brains to know that its illegal and not ethical, and so we will not fall for it.

But being materialistic and lustful, it is so easy to fall into the trap. Perhaps some people might think that it is not a sin at all, however god says that where your eyes are, your heart will be.

Nowadays, we are so obsessed with how we look like, how people look at us and so we always try to present the best. In this holiday, my plan is to slim down so as to obtain the model-like figure. But do you know that statistics show that only 2% of the girls in the world have model-like figures? If you don't have a slim body, you are NORMAL! However we girls will nv register that, we still want to achieve that perfect figure, we want people to say good things about us, thats what god says : please humans more than we please god. We are pleasing humans coz we are afraid of what they may think of us, but do we rmb that we don't have to do that?

Why are we afraid to purchase our stuff fm cheapo brands, why must we have branded goods to show our status? Maybe it's true that branded goods have better and nicer stuff, but can u totally convince yourself that if there is a better quality and nicer clothe in This Fashion compared to Zara, you may still find yourself purchasing the Zara top, for fear of telling people that your top is from This Fashion and people will get a yuck feeling.

Why must we purchase branded goods to obtain a superior image over others? Does it mean that I have LV bags and you don't have and so you are of a lower class? How can we allow material goods to judge? Seriously, do you really think LV bags are nice? I think its just normal, and some are totally horrendous. But how horrendous it may be, if its of "LV", people will change their opinion. Thats how materialistic we are.

How many times have we judged a person by what they wear and how they look? How many times have you pay more attention to a popular girl and what they wear? I've fallen into this trap so many times and I hate it. Why can't I live the way I like without having to please others? And why must I be intimidated by others?

We all strive to have a good job with good pay. And we will marvel at those people who lives in big houses, with a big car, esp investment bankers, models or whatsoever, coz they have an attractive monthly pay and a high status. How many times have we marvel at those helping out in church, to spread the good news around, but still earn a humble pay? No we will nv take a 2nd look at them and we will not aspire to be like them. But rmb they have the most treausures in heaven.

So if you think you have achieved everything by looking good, having branded stuff, everybody admiring you and thus having earned yourself a bunch of equally materialistic patronising friends, actually you have achieved nothing. If you choose your friends based on materialism too, than shame on you.

So what to do? The QT book I read always remind me to escape from worldliness, and to focus the life after death. But it's so hard. I know that even after this entry, I will still strive to look my best, to portray my best image and maybe have a few branded stuff when I work. Coz this is how the society moulds us to be, to conform or you will be phased out. That's how sad it is.

y11:21 AMy

Girl ♥
If you give up when it's winter,
you'll miss the promise of your spring,
beauty of your summer,
fulfilment of your fall.

Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.

Current status

Favoured daughter of God
No-life employee

Her desires

Successful career woman
Godiva chocolates
Jap food buffet
Hanging out with my girlies
Toned body with abs
Gorgeous shoes and clothes, I'm a sucker for shoes.

History

June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Gossip

About

Designer -Glazeo
Images - 1 / 2 / 3
Brushes - Aethereality